At the end of the veranda are the two parlour rooms, built in the seventeenth century to replace the previous ones, which had become too small. The first was the parlour’s old cloister room and is known as the Fireplace room, named after the imposing tinted-stone fireplace in the centre of the room.
On the fireplace, a coat of arms and an engraving testify that it belonged to Iohannes Antonius Peterrus, a canon of Intra at the end of the sixteenth century.
The old parlour room, which has now been restored to its former glory, preserves an air of monastic religiosity, thanks also to the numerous frescoes in the room. The oval adorning the centre of the vault depicts an image of Jesus and the Virgin Mary.
The frescoes adorning the Parlour room date back to 1665 and feature eleven apostles. Despite deterioration, the paintings have been carefully restored and remain a significant testimony of the cloister's past.
Features: seventeenth-century room – perfect for press conferences and executive meetings
Air-conditioning, free wireless broadband connection (Wi-Fi)
Capacity: maximum 20 people
Boardroom style: 8
Lounge style: 10
Video equipment: video projector available on request
Natural light: yes
Audio equipment: no
Other arrangements: flip charts – perfect for press conferences and executive meetings